First of all, we need to follow some useful steps which are required for not going wrong on submissions: Submit your website to the most suitable sub category.
- Never submit your website in the wrong category just for some profitable listings.
- Remember, not to spam a directory in any way.
- Make sure that the address or blog you provide should be correct.
- Try to avoid a site that requires a link back or banners on your site. Having badges and linkbacks to the directories may harm your site’s SEO score.
Directory submissions helps in increasing your page rank by making the authority backlinks. For the people who have recently started doing blogging, it is a must for them. This is the way through which you will see growth in the rankings of your website and blog by submitting your URL to web directories.
Directory submissions also attracts traffic on your website and getting high quality no follow backlinks.
Before you submit your website or a blog you need to find a particular category where you have to submit a link or your blog’s URL.
There are three types of Directory Submissions:
- Paid or Featured Web Listing: In this type, the owner of Directories site will charge for the Submission and your link will be approved within 24 hours.
- Free or Regular Web Listing: It is free method for the Directory Submission, no one charges for free or regular submission but there is no such guarantee of the websites getting approved by the Administrator. Also, this consumes a lot of time.
- Reciprocal Regular Web Listing: In this, a reciprocal link must be submitted to your site when you activate Directory Link, only then the Directory administrator will approve your link.
Directory Submission is an off-page process which helps in optimizing your webpage. In these directories, your own website is submitted to some another website.
There are various different categories under which you can submit your website. For example, if you have a site related to Cricket, then you will submit your site under Sports category which will help you to get backlinks from them. It very consistently builds links in some way. These directories are somewhat similar to the phone directories which has a list of websites in each of its category.
Most of the people that use search engines are in search for something specific. Hence, it is vital to fulfilling your customers specific requirement. It is important to push relevant content. If you build a functional directory, focusing on something specific and reinforce it with proper SEO, chances of your local directory ranking higher are quite good.
Sticking to only SEO can be a time-consuming process spread the word of your directory. Promoting your website will help in increasing the reach of your directory. It is vital to rank higher because that’s where businesses like to get listed. Another popular way of promoting your directory is starting a blog relevant to your site and sharing the articles to build backlinks.